Monday 2 July 2012

Fabric Remnants...

I am very pleased to say I have very little waste from my making, I can usually re-use most fabrics.  The very little pieces I am left with go to my little boys school for art and craft.  The bits I am left with that are slightly bigger I use to make little egg cosies, curious things but every house should have them!!  These are some I  made over the weekend, and it struck me they looked a little like the characters in two of my favourite vintage books.  'Madeline' by Ludwig Bemelmans, and the 'Lovers' by the brilliant Raymond Peynet.  I have been collecting Peynet books for nearly 10 years now, and often wish I could just 'jump' into one of his pictures...









1 comment:

  1. Those books have obviously been a great source of inspiration! I loved Madeline during all my growing up years, loved the illustrations, still do!

    ReplyDelete